Thursday, June 24, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to This Is Science, a blog about research. I'm an undergrad majoring in Molecular and Cellular Biology working on a thesis project in cardiovascular biology. I'm working at the Michel lab in the Cardiovascular Disease division at Brigham and Women's hospital. In the past, I've worked on cancer genetics, microbiology, clinical research, and stem cell research, so I've gotten to take a look around a variety of fields of biology. I will be writing about what it's like day-to-day to go to lab and the joys and frustrations of research, and I'll try to point out some interesting developments in biology as I come across them.

I also teach science to elementary and middle school kids during the school year and during the summer, so I may work in some fun do-it-yourself experiments and facts during the summer as well.

Come along for the ride!

1 comment:

  1. How is the research going? I'd love to read about what your lab is like!

    ReplyDelete